Cereals grown in this country include: wheat, barley, oats and rye. The process for growing them is essentially the same.
The Cereal Food Story features the following videos:
- Introduction to Cereals Food Story
- Preparing Land – How the land is prepared for planting cereals.
- Sowing Cereal Seed – Sowing cereal seeds is done with a seed drill which use precision agriculture.
- Crop Care – How a farmer looks after cereal crops whilst they are growing.
- Applying Fertiliser – Why cereal crops need nutrients and how these are applied.
- Pests and Disease – How farmer controls pests and disease that attack his crops.
- Harvesting Cereals – How farmers harvest and store their cereal crops.
- Uses of Cereals – How cereal crops are used to make food.
To learn more about cereal growing in the UK visit the Agriculture-4-U website Cereals Page