The Beef Food Story
The Beef Food Story features the following videos viewable in video slider above – just use use arrows at side to scroll through
- Introduction to Beef Food Story- year in the life of a beef cow.
- Year in the life of a beef cow – Autumn.
- Year in the life of a beef cow – Winter.
- Year in the life of a beef cow – Spring / calving.
- Year in the life of a beef cow – Summer.
- A year in the life of a beef cow – selective breeding by selecting a beef cows X factor.
- A year in the life of a beef cow – second summer, market and dressing a beef carcass.
Problems viewing videos!
I know some schools still have older versions of Internet Explorer browsers in which case this flash player version of the videos should work!
Click here for flash player version (Opens in new tab/window)
Pupil Workbooks and Video Script.
Please tell us what you think to our food story and workbooks by taking our survey below.
About Food Stories.
There are four food stories based around the Eat Well Guide.
- Beef – for the beans, pulses, fish, eggs and meat section.
- Cereals – for carbohydrates and starchy foods section.
- Fruit & Veg – for the fruit and veg section
- Dairy – for the dairy products section
- Coming soon….
Each food story will include a pupil self-assessment work book which you can download and make available for pupils to complete in conjunction with watching the ‘Food Story’. They can then check their answers and make any corrections giving them their own completed copy of the Food Story.
The only part a teacher will need to check is their summary of sustainability of the food story.